Continuing his journey with a new crew and mission.
.The story has it that Patrick Stewart turned down the chance of returning to the role that made his face familiar to millions. There was a treatment for an older Jean-Luc Picard, but Stewart was not interested. This changed after Sir Patrick finished up on the film Logan, in which he played a haggard Professor X at the end of his life.
The story would continue, after Akiva Goldsman and Michael Chabon pitched their vision of a Star Trek: Picard show to Stewart in person. The old captain had changed, as had Starfleet and the Federation. This were a little more complicated now. Stewart agreed to return — if they made a role for a Pit Bull Terrier.
Those who wanted to see Jean-Luc Picard in command again — as he was on The Next Generation — didn’t get what they wanted. 30 years has passed since he was in command of the Enterprise, and he had broken from Starfleet, publicly. When a new menace surfaced, Picard assembled a new team, who took a different approach to solving problems.
The show added Voyager’s super-popular former Borg, Seven of Nine (Jeri Ryan), and a cast of new, interesting characters. The first season of Picard lasted 10 episodes, and a second season is already in the works.
|No.||Episode Title||Air Date|
|1||Remembrance||Jan. 23, 2020|
|2||Maps and Legends||Jan. 30, 2020|
|3||The End is the Beginning||Feb. 6, 2020|
|4||Absolute Candor||Feb. 13, 2020|
|5||Stardust City Rag||Feb. 20, 2020|
|6||The Impossible Box||Feb. 27, 2020|
|7||Nepenthe||Mar. 5, 2020|
|8||Broken Pieces||Mar. 12, 2020|
|9||Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 1||Mar. 19, 2020|
|10||Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 2||Mar. 26, 2020|
News from Picard
We’ll bring you the latest updates and headlines on Star Trek: Picard, and related news here:
- We now know why Captain Jean-Luc Picard was so comfortable on the Enterprise’s bridge
- Star Trek earns awards — both Picard and the Original
- Picard, Short Treks earn Emmy Nominations
- Sir Patrick on swearing, memoirs, and “Fresh Air”
- Pixomondo shares secrets from the Borg Cube
- Fans can bid for a visit to “Picard: Season 2” for the All In Challenge
- Updates on Picard: Season 2 from Patrick Stewart and Akiva Goldsman
- Catching up on two weeks of headlines from Jonathan Frakes
- Rosario Dawson wants to be Q
- LeVar Burton can see a way for Geordi to appear on Picard: Season 2